Monday, July 29, 2013

Tea Tree Oil: A Miracle Cure for Almost Anything

Tea Tree Oil

I use tea tree oil everyday for so many different things.  I first found out about it in the equestrian world about 10 years ago.  I had a horse who was very sensitive to flies especially around his face.  Normal fly spray wasn’t working to keep the flies off him, so someone suggested I put a few drops of tea tree oil into the spray and it worked like magic!  Ever since then I have been learning and discovering new ways to use the oil. 

 Tea Tree Oil History

Tea tree oil is from Australia.  It comes from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia tree and was used as a traditional medicine by the indigenous Bundjalung people of eastern Australia.


tea tree oil plant


Where to Buy

I buy my tea tree oil from my local natural food store.  It can also be purchased online.  It comes in a little glass bottle sometimes with a dropper and sometimes not.  It’s a little expensive, but one little bottle goes a long, long way and is totally worth it!


This Stuff Works for Everything!

Some of the suggested medicinal properties of tea tree oil include antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties.  In particular its antiseptic properties can help cure acne.  That’s what I use tea tree oil for mostly.  Topical application can help with a wide variety of things including fighting bacteria, viruses, fungal infections including athlete’s foot, mites like scabies, and lice. 

One of the things I have found about tea tree oil is to be very careful when using it on or around pets, especially dogs.  It is toxic to dogs when they ingest it. 

Out of all the uses for tea tree oil I found during online research I didn’t see recommended use on insect bites or allergic reactions.  The first thing I grab when I get a mosquito or chigger bite is tea tree oil.  I also use it at any sign of a rash.  It stops itching immediately, and the smell does prevent future insect bites.

I have been suffering from acne since puberty.  There are so many different things I have tried to stop breakouts!  As an adult I have found that a vital part of my skincare routine is using tea tree oil on my face either at night after a shower (a few minutes after the shower to avoid a Home Alone aftershave moment) or in the morning before applying makeup.  My husband has even started using it and has seen amazing results!


Tea tree oil


P.S.  I work online and from my home. You can, too!  It’s not a get rich fast scheme, but a real job that I work hard doing.  Click here if you’re interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment